Last night was the last night of Jazz on the Green in Omaha for the summer. My friend Lauren wanted to go, and I was in town, so we went!
We get there a little early, find a nice enough place to listen and people watch, and things are going alright.
THEN, the magic starts. I don't mean the jazz music. Some people have come a little later and want to squeeze in. Literally. They set their chairs down right beside me. And then thinking they need more room, squeeze even closer! Like, we're flying on a plane in coach, close. They also bust out their dinner.

(covert photo: we are super close)
Not to be outdone in awkwardness, an older gentleman sat down next to us. I'm sorry, directly between Lauren and I.

(This was harder to covertly take. That thing on the bottom right corner...the man's knee)
As you can see, Lauren and I aren't sitting terribly far apart. A normal distance, I would say. It was like the two groups, to paraphrase The Office, this man and lady seem to be playing their own separate game, and it's called, 'Let's see how uncomfortable we can make these girls,' and they're both winning.' Personal boundaries people!
Super awkward, but still kind of funny. Just like the people, who are an appropriate distance from us, busted out their box of wine, plastic cups from the nearest gas station, and cheetos. Classy. (Seen over Lauren's right shoulder.)
1 comment:
What's funny is that it looks like directly behind you girls is a rather large space of grass. Empty grass. The kind with no one else sitting on it.
Post a Comment