Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bachelorette in Vegas

Not as exciting as it sounds.

Well, our law school friend Ankitha is getting married, and so we decided to drive down to Vegas to see her before she left for India to get married. It seemed a good idea. I mean, Ankitha lives there now, and so does another friend of ours, Natalia. And it was a short drive from L.A. if Jenn could make it. So, Liz and I made the trek down south.

It was snowing when we left Provo, and when we got to Vegas it was so HOT. We hung out with Ankitha, wandered the strip with Natalia, and then went to dinner with Ankitha and some of her friends.

Liz and I were worried. As mormons, we know the difference between a bachelorette/bridal shower is only slightly different from a baby shower. Basically what changes is the games and the gifts.

WE knew what we were doing. But Ankitha invited her childhood friend from San Francisco, and she bought a plane ticket. I'm sure she thought the day would be more exciting. But Liz and I were so tired from driving early getting there that after dinner we were pooped. Ankitha's friend wanted to go to a club, or at least a bar. She didn't want to sit on a couch watching a movie the rest of the night. Ah well, we wanted to see Ankitha Satyam once more, and we did.

1 comment:

mlzendejas said...

How fun you were able to go and see her again! So funny the comment about the differences between a mormon bachelorette/bridal shower and a baby shower, and yet so true!