A electoral candidate was going on a campaign tour. As he was leaving his admirers, one man yelled out, "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!"
To which the candidate replied, "That's not enough, we need a majority!"
Only too true. Working in the court, seeing people show up in their finest sweat pants, coming in for the stupidest things...
Yesterday we had a big case come in. The media was there and so there was an article. I read the comments. BIG mistake, because now I'm just annoyed with all the stupid people out there.
Which brings me to a Ruling coming out of a Texas Bankruptcy court. It was a ruling on a response to a response to someone else's response on their response. Pretty much verbatim. The best part is the footnote at the end, quoting Billy Madison.
1. Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
I aspire to write something like that one day. Mostly because when I write things, I just want to say, "You're an idiot. Motion, denied." Well done, Judge, Well done.
1 comment:
There are lots of people that that would be appropriate to quote that to! I'll have to memorize it!
Post a Comment