Tonight was the first game. I played first as shortstop, and it wasn't too bad. Then it was our turn to bat. Girls get 5 pitches, so I decided I'd swing at anything. First ball I swung and missed and made a girly yell. I told the people, "remember, I'm a girl. . . I'm supposed to look like this!" Then I hit the next ball and made it to first base. Then second base. On my way to third a mean boy came running at me, and to dodge him I stepped around and ended up on my foot wrong. Rather, I stepped on my ankle. So I was out. . . of the game.
(As an aside, the boys on the other team were quite aggressive, especially to the girls. For instance, one girl was bumped off 2nd base and then was tagged out. THIS is why you aren't married boys!)
I sat there with an ice pack the rest of the game. My team won the game for me. Wasn't that nice of them! But I still feel like the lame idiot who only played for 10 minutes. On the way home I drove with my left foot (injuring the right) and sometimes bent over so I could hold the ice pack to my ankle. I'm an ambi-driver. I know 2 boys who would be so excited to have driven home with me!
So, I hope its better by tomorrow. Or at least next week. Either way, if it wasn't a force out, I am going to be so mad I ran!
No comments:
Post a Comment