Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Smezident

The BIG news tonight is that Blackacre Blitz WON against Hades Ladies, and they can go back down to you know where!

The night didn't start out so hot. We were so blasted cold and NERVOUS--being our first game in the upper division with actual competition. And then the other team got a quick first touchdown... but it all came together the second half. And, I'd like to thank the other team for being so--how to say nicely--bratty. We got angry soon. And we play better angry.

They pushed, shoved, ran into us and fell...and then WHINED! (And the oscar for best dramatic performance goes to....)

By half time the score was 12 to 6. Then our coach came. He calmed us down second half, gave us great pointers, and basically got us pumped and ready. We got our second touchdown, including the extra points! Then interception! And with 6 seconds to go Nikki literally just ran out the clock!

It was a pretty intense game. Many lost their voice. We were jumping up and down as we rushed the field--like it was a final game win! My good ol' friend from Jr. High days was there. I bet she never in her wildest dreams thought how serious intramural flag football games were! Oh, the yellow flags they were a flying!

We are so awesome! (Marie--this was for you! Get better soon! We need your tight end--uh, we need our tight end back!)

T-shirts, here we come!

2 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

I love that the official on the sideline kept timidly calling out "remember sportsmanship ladies!" Despite the lack of feeling in my toes for quite some time following the game, it was so worth it. The Blitz was awesome!

Marie Davies Howick said...

Yaaaaaaa I'm still sad I missed this game. Thank you for the play-by-play. You should be an announcer.