Friday, November 28, 2008

A Holiday Pick-Me-Up

So, yesterday was my first Thanksgiving without my parents. If I don't go home, my parents have been known to come to Utah, where I've been living since 2003. But yesterday I hung out with Meredith and Ben, and Charley, and Ben's Aunt Kay. It was fun. I ate way too much. I could feel myself gaining weight.

We also had a Thanksgiving ham, since Ben doesn't really like turkey, and there is no point making a turkey for 3. Not to mention, its a little easier to cook a ham.

I spent the night at Ben & Meredith's, and in the morning Meredith and I went shopping. In the afternoon I went home and ran a few errands. One stop was the Orem Walmart. I saw a car's lights on, so I assumed the car was leaving, and I waited a few moments. The car didn't move, and then I noticed an empty spot next to the car. So, I pull in, but NOW the car decides to pull out. But I quickly just park and leave him plenty of space. Then, the car starts to park again, and I assume he is just adjusting his car. Which, all I can say about it, is that its old, and a guy with dark hair is driving it.

Anyways, I come out of Walmart, and get in my car. And that is when I notice it. A note. All I can think is, crap. Some lame-oid guy just wrote me a note to yell at me, like I parked too close, or I pulled in when he tried to pull out or something rude and lame. So, I grab the note and this is what it says:

Hi,
I wanted to say hi but I was leaving as you were headed in. You are beautiful and I would love to get to know you. Please send me a text or give me a call. Hope to hear from you.
Tim

I thought it was hilarious. Not really hilarious, but quite amusing. This guy must be crazy. And a little blind. I had my hair pulled back with a head band because I had not washed it for 2 days, no make-up, and a BYU Law Hoodie. Trust me, I looked like a hag. If Clinton & Stacey saw me they'd book me a flight to NYC asap. This just shows how crazy/desperate this guy must be.

The question:
Do I text him back and become the next inspirational story behind Law & Order SVU?
OR
Do I safely ignore him. (I'm leaning to this. I'm pretty sure my sisters will lean towards the SVU option).

4 comments:

bmz said...

I thought your bright spot was going to be the my jordan game? That was awesome! Don't call the guy though. Text him from an untraceable phone, tell him to deliver pizza to a secret drop off location. Use a decoy to grab the food and have a party at his expense!

Meredith said...

Okay...so I want you to date...but not crazy lame guys. Plus if he was really cool, then since he had parked again anyway then he should have gotten out to talk to you.

Carlos & Karly said...

Jordan, SVU, obviously. That is all.

conspicuous comments said...

you are a funny funny girl. and a good writer. you should write a book.