I went to run outside. Thus, exercising and getting a tan at the same time. Two for One. Twofer.
However, it was nearly 100 degrees and by a mile and a half I started to feel like I might pass out. But, I was determined to do a full 3 miles since the last time I went running I got cramps and had to walk the rest of the run and just wanted to curl up and die.
I swear, every time I turned the wind went against me. Or, once it was at my back, it stopped. Seriously, every time. No joke.
I also want pepper spray. I feel paranoid going out by myself, and feel the need to protect myself. I know that I was in a somewhat public place, and that there were about 5 people around at all time. Should anyone try to attack me, others should come to my aid, right? I miss my pepper spray. If I could, I think I would also run with my baton.
Speaking of my bailiff days, I kept thinking of the time when I was in good shape and would go running every day. I helped my friend run in order to pass P.O.S.T. and we'd have to go run around the jail. The Transport Officers coming to court would tell me that they saw us running and told me, "you run like a gazelle!" And I loved that. I kept telling myself, as I was dying of heat, "be a gazelle!" It worked the first mile, and then I faded. But, it is a start.
A boy, or rather, a very large in stature man started to talk to me. I'll just say that I don't mean to be rude, but I was tired, hot, probably a bit dehydrated, and I couldn't really make conversation. Also, when I exercise, I try to exercise. I don't try to look cute for anyone. Trust me, when I get sweaty and red-faced, it's not cute.
So, the re-beginning of my adventures in running. I already feel 10 pounds lighter. (I'm probably not, but that didn't stop me from telling the guys at the DMV I was--but that story is for another day).
1 comment:
Good job Jordan! I dislike running by myself too and will usually go to a gym. Seriously, I don't think that it's even safe in D.C...I'm sure that you'll be running more in no time though!
Post a Comment