My eldest niece turned 10 this year! Which means, I was only 11 when she was born! (*Wink!) Isn't that crazy? Anyway, since she is getting so big, I decided we should hang out more and do fun girl stuff. So I told her I'd take her somewhere.
Currently, at the Durham Western Heritage Museum there is an exhibit called "Cut!". It has a ton of movie costumes from Britain in it. Did you ever see, "The Duchess," "Finding Neverland," "Pirates of the Caribbean," or "Phantom of the Opera"? Well, some of those costumes are on loan and on display.
Anyway, I took her to see it. The sad part is that they didn't let you take pictures of it. And since I took her on a day off from school, in the middle of the day during the week, hardly anyone was there. And the worker lady kept following us around talking about the costumes because she had nothing else to do--so I couldn't really sneak a photo either.
But, since the museum also houses Omaha history stuff, we wandered and took photos there.
Sitting on an old timey porch! And relaxing her feet, since her heels started hurting!
It was a fun day! Afterwards we went to lunch and then Grandpa had her on his radio show on campus! Her only complaint is that his co-host kept talking. Too much Indian stuff, not enough Bella!
No comments:
Post a Comment