Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jordan Goodall

Memorial Stadium. Ever been? I have, why? Because I'm fancy.


...And our family got free tickets to a game. I know people, who know people.
According to Wikipedia, on a game day, the stadium holds enough people to be the 3rd largest city in Nebraska. Which is cool, and also a little pathetic when you realize that there aren't a ton of highly populated cities in Nebraska.

Anyway, we went here for a game because my brother Ben knows people. Here is Momma and Daddy at the game.
And this is the view from our seats. We were 12 rows up! Not bad!
We could see their faces! And we got to sit in the family section. So the guy on the other team that made the first touchdown--we sat behind his family. They were pretty excited! We joined in! My brother and I also made it on TV! Oh, and that is me with my Cougar shirt on. BYU. It was their game day, and I just couldn't handle wearing red on a BYU game day.
I had never been to Memorial Stadium or watched a Husker game in person. It was pretty exciting, and, a bit odd. I felt like Jane Goodall doing an experiment among the apes. What was it like to live amongst the Husker fans and get wrapped up in their lives without actually being a Husker fan? The craziness that surrounded us.

(And not to offend any Husker fan, but I am True Blue BYU, and there is no room in my heart for any other team. See the shirt.)

Also, I thought I'd only have to fear the Husker fans not wearing their red. Little did I know that while in line to get our tickets, an older lady from the other team scared me a little when she made sure we'd be cheering for her team. She had money. She could get things done.

All in all, a very fun game! Good family time.

2 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

I went to my first husker game last fall too. It was insanity! I remember being nervous because I didn't own any red tshirts and I really didn't want to own a husker tshirt so I just bought a red diet coke tshirt on clearance from target and hoped that would do the trick!

Sam and/or Monika said...

It's hard for me to wear the color red too (I currently attend Wisconsin). I feel like someone might mistake me for a Utah fan. - Sam