Then I watched others as they trained in the ground wrestling/Jujitsu stuff. It was optional, so I didn't do it. I've had enough old smelly, sweaty men on top of me. No more! Then we had lunch.
After lunch we went to our courthouse to do courtroom situations. When we weren't doing real life situations, we were in a courtroom watching real live situations where the Sh*t hit the fan in the courtroom. I was only in there for about 10 minutes. I was the first to be called out. And I sat in my courtroom for a bit. Nothing happened, so I went to my office to listen to messages and what not. Then I heard something crazy go down, so I locked my door, turned off the computer and light, and crawled under my desk.
Then I texted a friend who said we should be in our courtroom, so courtroom I went. There was an inmate and a transport officer sitting there. Then some crazy guy walked in talking about rocks. Then I hear ruckus behind me in the holding cell area, so I call downstairs to report when I find out there is supposed to be a hostage situation. As I'm on the phone people walk in with guns pointing! So, I am still on the phone and you bet I'm crawling under the clerk's desk! (bullet proof)
I don't know what went on, besides some yelling and guns pointing. I wasn't sure if the people with guns were Police men or the people taking us hostage. Alls I knew was that I wasn't going to make any noise and I was hiding. And this is me when the worst that could happen was getting shot with AIR SHOT guns!

I hid under two desks, and I am unashamed. I am not paid enough to be put in imminent danger. I'm also not paid enough to be put in pain, even if it is air soft. There are supposed to be 2 kinds of reactions to crazy situations. Fight or Flee. I realize that I do neither. I hide. And I hide good! And now, I look for the best hiding places.
I can say that I really appreciate those who are daring enough to go after people with guns. Good for them. They are sometimes stupid/crazy, but I'm glad they are willing to do what I clearly will not.
No comments:
Post a Comment