Monday, October 5, 2009

Elementary, My Dear Watson

Being in court all day on a bench trial, with witnesses up the wazoo (legal technical term) and a nearly incompetent attorney equals headache. It also makes me realize that the ability to distinguish between WHEN and WHERE is a lost art. Or nearly there.

For example:

Q: When did you last see Billy?

A: In the mall.

(Sound of Judge's exasperated sigh, and banging of head against desk)

I swear I learned the difference between the who, what, where, when, why, and how while attending Field Club Elementary. Readers, be forewarned. Should you enter my courtroom and make that mistake, there will be laughter and jeers til my throat is sore! And then I will put you in handcuffs just for fun.

1 comment:

bmz said...

i'm safe then because you can't tell the difference when you speak "its" and "it's" and "their" and "there".