Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brink of Death

The entire staff of the Courthouse got an email saying they are doing some construction on the roof, so really only the fourth floor is affected. So, this week as I have sat in my office I have heard things. Like, they are right above me. Which confirms the fact that I have the worst broom closet of an office. But, I can live with that. But on Friday, it sounded like things would drop on my head. Big things. Big beams. I had to leave early because I was afeared that the big crane they built outside my office would crash something through the ceiling.

It would mean I would be maimed or die. But, I was balancing maiming/death between the huge settlement.

THEN, later that night as I went out the light turned green. I even waited a second before I went. The guy going southbound with the red light, however, just barreled through. A second earlier and I would have been hit. I feel like the universe wants me dead.

And I think I'm more bugged with the fact that sometimes you hear stories about how the Holy Ghost told people to wait, or something stopped them before a semi came crashing down the street. I didn't get that. Sure, I didn't get hit, but still. . .

No comments: