Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Few Things From Court

1. I was in court almost the entire day without a break. We were in court from 8:30-4. It was nuts. AND we continued a preliminary hearing.

2. The murder case wont be heard at trial til the end of September! I'll miss it! I had to sit thru the WORST divorce case for 11 days. I tried to tell the judge he owed me the murder, but I guess nothing can be done now. Maybe our other murder will go this summer.

3. One of the transport officer's phones went off during the middle of a sentencing. The best part: the ringtone was some sort of cowboy shouting, "Heeeeeeeyaaaahhhh!"

4. Part of my job is telling the inmates to keep their trap shut. One latino man kept talking so I had to stare at him til he saw me (I don't actually go up to the inmates, that is what the transport officers are for) and then mouth to him, "no talking." I think he took it the wrong way, because he kept smiling and winking at me the rest of the very long day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Knowing you, you probably mouthed "No talking" in very seductive fashion :)