
Tonight, Jimmer and BYU played SDSU. Match of the Titans. Whoever wins will be #1 in the Mountain West. So, I sat down to watch. Let me just say that watching games with Sara and my Mom is ridiculous. They jump, they squeal, and Mom genuinely believes that saying "Jinx" will prevent the other team from scoring. They are more loud than when they watch Muffin play in person.
But, tonight, I went from loving Jimmer for BYU's sake, to loving Jimmer because he is awesome. And his arms. And his shots--they even sound pretty.
I was thinking. My boys will have "J" names. Jacoby, Jimmer, and Jimothy.
And, to be fair I will say, SDSU had some highlights.
#1) DJ Gay. Awesome name. Sounds like he works at Club Naked in SLC.
And #2) Closeups of SDSU coach. He was always clapping his hands. Each time I saw him I would sing, "Everybody clap yo' hands!" (I hope that annoying Cha Cha Slide song popped into your head, and I hope it stays there ALL night)
I could marry Jimmer, and then I wouldn't be a failure in a Titanic sinking ship of love. Win-Win-Win.
3 comments:
I watched Jimmer get interviewed on SportsCenter last night (by "I watched" I mean "Brandon watched and I was sitting next to him so I also heard the interview") and I am 100% rooting for this kid. Yes, he is obviously awesome. But even better, he doesn't act like a BYU nerd. I've heard him interviewed a few times, and he is NEVER awkward. He always comes across very nice but very normal. It is so nice to have a kid representing BYU who doesn't ever seem weird!
I too have been impressed with the way he has dealt with the press. However, he did worry me the other day on ESPN's PTI show when he started his interview by uttering "Ummm, you know..." I thought, "Oh NO, 2 strikes and he just started the interview." He recovered and did a fine job the rest of the way.
You do know Jimmer is only 21 so if anyone is marrying him in this family its me!
Post a Comment