Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You're not a complete loser!

I asked, "Am I going to Lose Her?"
--Rachel and Chandler, FRIENDS
Its like a flash back in war. 2L year you interview for jobs on campus, you wait and wait and hope and beg for a job...and no one gives you one. You finally go elsewhere and can finally find someone stupid enough to hire you. Once again I went through the interviewing process. Then I even took the next step. I got a call back! And even though I really didn't want to move to New Mexico, I was excited for the free trip.

And seeing the title, I don't think any of you readers thinks this ends well...I'll just make it clear. I did not get the job. And like I said, I didn't really want it, but I would have at least wanted to have the ability to reject them. At least now I don't have to feel bad about telling them no.

And then right after hearing from the New Mexico firm, I got an email from the Vegas firm saying, "there were many qualified applicants, but you weren't one of them." I wasn't really depressed, but who likes being rejected? But, it was a good excuse to finally eat my chocolate symphony bar. Pretending to be depressed isn't really that fun when you are on a diet though. I felt the worst for eating my chocolate bar over being rejected.

PS. both the interviewers were classmates of my dad. This is the 3rd time that someone interviewed me who asked if I was Ed's daughter. And NONE of them have hired me. Daddy, I love you, but your friends are LAME!

1 comment:

honorindians said...

For the record, the "friend" of mine that interviewed you in for the Las Vegas job was also interviewed me for a teaching position at North Dakota Law School. Yes, I was rejected. I think he wanted to bat a 1000 for rejecting the Zendejas family. If he is ever the one interviewing a Zendejas, just politely decline the interview. At least, my wife still loves me!!! (that was mean)