Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adios Amigas

Since 1L year there have been a group of the six of us. Jennifer Tarazon, Jennifer Fuentes (Langi), Natalia Martins (Merino), Ankitha Satyam, Liz Liljenquist, and myself. We were the brown girls + Liz! Two of my best friends have now graduated and are leaving BYU for good! Ankitha is going to Las Vegas, and Jenn T is going to Los Angeles. They survived BYU and living amongst the Mormons!
Ankitha, Me, Liz, Jen F, Natalia, Naseem, Jenn T


I remember meeting Ankitha the first day of law school orientation, and we were in the same group touring the building. We even got carrels next to each other. After walking back from the key office and putting our stuff in our carrels I remember turning to her and asking, "If the professor calls on me and I don't know the answer, will you still be my friend?" (which I should have said, WHEN and not IF) I also remember when Ankitha told us she called all the bookstores in the area to find a cheaper Property textbook, including Deseret Book!

I met Jenn mid year. Jenn works hard for what she gets, but I do recall a conversation about how her parents bought her brother a new car, and she wasn't too happy about it. Then the question was asked, "What kind of car do you drive?" Came the reply, "A Lexus..." Jenn was my law school prom "date" first year. The best one so far! (and not just because she didn't have a Chester the Child Molester Mustache!)
My law school career so far is full of memories with these girls! This last semester wont be the same without them!

3 comments:

jennyt said...

awww, i love you jo jo :(

Jen said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

omg, i had no idea that u wrote these! i'm going to miss u jordan!

let me just say that i definitely remember that time when u said, "if the professor calls on me and I don't know the answer, will you still be my friend?" but the thing u may not know is that i was ELATED that u said that b/c i was totally new to BYU and provo and didn't know a single person there and so in my head, i thought, "wow, we're friends??! cool, i have a friend." :)

and i seriously can't thank u enough for the countless rides home from school and to/from the airport. love ya, my indian sister.