Saturday, December 27, 2008

World's Tiniest Violin

My family was going down memory lane these past weeks. First, we mentioned how certain family members were named after people. Mom and dad can remember pretty much whom everyone was named for. John, my oldest brother, came to us as John, his middle name was named after a boxer. Brooktynn was named after my dad's friend and a basketball player. Meredith after two friends, Carlos, after said boxer, Sara after a song and a family member, Lexi was after a singer, Ruben after the law school and dad. When I ask why I was named Jordan Lyndsay. Complete blank. And people think being a middle child isn't so bad.

So, as I ask my dad one more time if he remembers at all why he liked the names Jordan or Lyndsay, I got the courage to ask a question. Growing up my dad also nicknamed me Peaches. I always thought it was because I was pretty as a peach or something cute. A few weeks ago, someone said Dad called her Peaches because she was hairy like a peach. To say the least, it ruined being called peaches for me. Mom and dad just laughed and told me that was NOT why they named me Peaches.

That gave me the courage to ask a question that has traumatized me over the years. Once when I was little and in Primary, there was the yearly primary program. My oldest sister got a solo to sing, and that is when another sibling told me: They asked mom if you wanted to sing too, but she hit the low note on the piano over and over again and told them that is how you sang.

I love being middle child.

3 comments:

Sally said...

haha! Hairy like a peach! Genius.

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bmz said...

You forgot to mention that when I sang the solo everyone told me how angelic I sounded. While that may or may not have been true, it was certainly nice to hear from so many people that day. Also, it's funny that I only remember that solo when you or Carlos bring it up.