Sunday, December 14, 2008

Son of a Nutcracker!

This morning I woke up, (and by morning I mean noon) and it was SNOWING! Usually, I think that unless there is a chance you get to get a snow day, then snow isn't that awesome. Its cold and harder to drive in, but today it actually wasn't so bad. It made it feel more like Christmas. (FYI, sitting in a library all day studying for finals does NOT help create a holiday spirit).

So, it was nice to feel the holiday cheer. Then, our ward rented busses up to Temple Square to see the lights. It reminded me of all those times growing up when we went on Temple trips to Chicago or St. Louis and we took the busses. (Its a much more pleasant memory than the time my work in DC took us to a leadership training thing at Gettysburg and the busses STANK!--2 hours each way of sitting/sleeping with my nose plugged!)

It was freezing, but fun. We were supposed to go to the Joseph Smith movie, but we arrived too late. So me and my roommate went to the Beehive House and took a tour. Not the usual route, but it was still fun. Then we wandered around. Like I said, super cold, but fun.

2 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

Dude, I should have hitched a ride with your ward. I drove up by myself last night and could not for the life of me find anywhere to park. Then I had to change in my car and the heels I brought became an apparent mistake to me. I thought I would die walking from my car to the conf center.

ps I used to love those overnight temple trips!

bmz said...

I love the Beehive House at Christmas. It's where we had our mission Christmas party and it's beautiful!