Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nutshell

On Thursday night we went to Park City for the Sun- dance Film Festival!  Last year Liz, Ankitha, Natalia and I went to try to get tickets.  We went to Cheesecake Factory, and then we stood in line, but alas, we didn't get in. Instead, we wandered around Park City. Did I mention that I was wearing heels?  And it was so cold!

This year, Liz bought tickets in advance!  We had to go sans Ankitha, as she is in Vegas in her cool new law firm job.  This year we went to Costa Vida, left 3 hours in advance, and still we almost didn't get in! It took a long time to get up there, then we had to find a parking spot, then we had to figure out what bus would take us to the theatre.  We got in with a minute to spare.  It was like the Provo Dollar Theatre on Date night. We couldn't even sit together! And the movie was about Gangsters in Mexico...scary!  Natalia said she was prepared because, "I've watched a lot of HBO."  Unfortunately, my tv diet of "Jon & Kate Plus 8," "The Office," and "The Bachelor," had NOT prepared me for the experience. And no friend to dig my nails into as I tried not to stare at the screen during the violent moments.  

Then we wandered around looking for famous people.  I heard that Michael Phelps was there from a worker there we met on the bus on the way to our car.  I was THIS CLOSE to meeting/marrying Michael Phelps.  Can you guess how sad I was? 

Then, Friday we met our fate. Grades came out, and 1Ls threatened to jump out windows. It wasn't so bad.  Because my 1L grades were SO bad, I learned to lower myexpectations.  I kept my GPA over a 3.0--WELL above that 2.7 required to graduate, thank you very much!  

That night Stacey Nancy, Nicholas and I went to the Volleyball game.  Eat your heart out Sara!  I wore my heels that night. Stacey asked me why.  "Because I was tired of wearing flats! I want to feel pretty!"  After falling down the stairs twice in less than 30 seconds, I felt it best to try a more stable footwear this week.  

After, we went to Spoon Me.  It was good, but I think its a little overrated. However, we have seen how a LOT of football players like to go there. We saw Harvey Unga last night. Interesting place for big football players to hang out.  

And there you have it. My weekend in a nutshell.

2 comments:

sararz said...

Im so jealous... i had to watch it on tv... actually i watched it thursday on tv and dvr-ed it on friday and have yet to watch it... but still i was not there like i should have been!

Natalia said...

I totally agree that Spoon Me is way overrated. There is another frozen yogurt place around the corner from there that is WAY better (it is self serve so you pay by the oz and they have way more flavors).