Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Good News

I've joined the ranks of the employed! 

Today I got a call from Paul Vance (I always think about Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration) from the Court House.  He told me that the Honorable Judge Taylor from the 4th District Court would like to have me as a  clerk and bailiff.  

The good news, I have a job with a wardrobe allowance.

The bad news, my wardrobe is bailiff clothes. Not attractive. I'm pretty sure they wont like it if I get them tailored to fit or wear heels with them.  

In updated Lady Buttons news: my car should be fine. However, they have no idea why it wont start and if they can't figure it out they'll have to send it to the dealer to figure it out.  
Until then, I am stuck with the nasty Impala.  I don't like it. It has wood panneling on the dashboard, and its a boat. I feel like its a car my grandpa should be driving.  But grandpa-car is better than no car!

4 comments:

jennyt said...

jo jo! so glad to hear your car situation worked out and that you got a job. congrats! is this a job during the semester or for after graduation?

also, i had some car trouble the other day myself and had to take chili to the dealership. however, the loaner they gave me was a sweet black beemer hahaha.

bmz said...

The Michelle Obama Jimmy Choos would match your ensemble perfectly.

Natalia said...

Someday I will join you in the ranks of the employed

Lauren Jayne said...

Congrats on your recent employment! When do you start?