We all knew it was coming. No one knew it would come so soon. Well, we just didn't want it to.
The dreaded deadline for the bar application.
This week started in a freak out when I realized that February was a shorter month, making the deadline for the bar, March 1, on Sunday. So we figured it would be due Friday. And then we remembered that Utah has 4 days of 10 work hours for some agencies. So, if that were true for the bar, the application would be due Thursday. It wouldn't be so bad, had a reference from a former employer been sent in. The thing about the references is that it takes 5 minutes to fill out. However, the seal on the envelope has to be signed over to ensure no tampering. So, when a former employer forgets to sign the seal, sends it back, and is in another state...drama. (It finally came Thursday.) Well, many calls later, the bar application was extended to Monday since Sunday was the 1st, and the office was open on Friday.
In any case, I woke up earlier on Friday, I even skipped class, and I made sure my bar application was done. I printed out 2 copies like they wanted, and realized that when my computer froze, it didn't save half of my bar info. So, I had to redo it all Friday morning. Then I went over it 5 more times, re-printing out TONS of pages to make sure it was all good.
I finally get everything in order, photos, background checks, etc, get things notarized, when complications arise. My driving record has NOTHING on it. Over 5 years ago I got a speeding ticket--which I still claim I wasn't speeding, but try to tell the cop that-- and I don't know what to do about it because, a) it was supposed to be dropped because I went to traffic school and b) it was over 5 years ago. In any case, people keep telling me to report it--even though I'm pretty sure no one will ever know. I curse the cop for giving me the ticket. The thing is, I don't know what exact year it was, let alone month and day. But, as one classmate puts it, they are asking for disclosure. So, I fill out the form as best I can remember and leave a note about what I could remember.
By this time its a little after 3 and its at least a good 45 minutes to Salt Lake City. So, Sally and I jump in her car, first stopping off at the post office. This is because she needs to send something, and we need huge envelopes to put our thick applications in. I stand in line at the post office thinking, "seriously, how many boxes can you send?...seriously, you don't even have them taped shut or have the address on it yet! ...SERIOUSLY! are you looking for exact change?!"
Well, its about 3:30 and we finally get on the road again.
Finally, we arrive at the office! I pay the fees, I hand in the envelope. Sally has to run to get her stuff notarized. I sit and wait. Then I get paranoid. What if one of my recommendation letters fell out of the packet? What if I accidentally wrote the wrong amount of money on the fee? Was I supposed to get my driving record notarized? Did I forget ANYTHING?
So, its turned in. I hope that I don't have anything missing, because they wont find it until its too late, or at least until the deadline is past and I have to pay a fine...
I wish this headache would go away!
4 comments:
Seriously, don't stress too much. If they find that something is inadvertently missing, they won't make you pay the late fee. You'll be fine!
"The entire way up there we are going 85mph, watching out for cops, not because we don't want to have to pay a ticket, but because if we got a ticket, then you have to add an addendum to our bar application and pay the late fee." Ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha. You are my hero.
I was also thankful I was driving, due to your road rage.
Jordan: "We have a bigger car, just push them out of the way!... Then just keep going so we don't have to fill out Form G again!"
That was a paraphrase, but I think it's pretty accurate.
I will neither deny nor confirm...
Post a Comment