I don't travel much, in fact, I have a passport that I have yet to use. I have been w/in 15 minutes of the Mexican border once. That almost counts. In any case, I have also yet to visit Vegas. On my 21st birthday my sister and her family went to Vegas. Of course, it was to visit family, but I've only ever driven thru.
We drove in Friday night, listening to an eclectic array of music, got second dinner an In N Out (first dinner was at El Pollo Loco in St. George--where we saw polygamous women! Celestial hair and all! What a find!) We went to our hotel--the Hilton, where we freshened up. I wanted to look good for pictures so I wore my dark jeans, which then required heels. And then I had to wear my BYU Law jacket because it was cold outside. That was my only smart move that night. Because really, you only take pictures from the waist up so no one would see my jeans, or my shoes. And then, I could have worn flats around Vegas and not have been limping.
We went to the Mirage to park, then the Venetian and Ceasars Palace, which made me wish I could afford to go to Italy. I can't remember all of the night, but I finally saw the Eiffel Tower, and then we had to head back to the hotel, because my feet were on fire! (But can I say, had I not worn my heels, would I have gotten all those, "Hey!" "MmmHmm!" or my personal favorite, "You dropped something," --and then then turn around even though I know I shouldn't turn around but what if I really did drop something-- "My phone number." I think not. And no matter what, I still like to feel pretty. Even if it is from bad pick up lines from dirty boys.
At one point we were going thru a casino, but then they were closing off the rest of the building, so they made us walk outside and back in, but then once we were back in, they pushed us out...again! Can I also say that when they made us leave those 2 times, it was to a back alley. And yes, I was pretty sure if someone tried to molest us, my feet were so numb I wouldn't be able to run away.
Well, as soon as we got strip side, we realize that we are much closer than we thought. In fact, the entire walk could have taken 5 minutes! Seriously! But going thru all the buildings, getting kicked in and out of buildings, it took forever. All in all, we walked around for about 2 hours.
The next day we set off for Phoenix. It was a fun weekend staying with my sister and shopping. We didn't do a whole lot, but it was relaxing.
4 comments:
I love how your most memorable part of your trip to Phoenix was getting cat calls on the Vegas strip. I am so boring!
It wasn't the most memorable. But I am pretty sure I might have a stress fracture in my toe from walking in those heels. There is more than one reason not to walk the strip in heels!
When we were in Florence we heard a similar variation of one of those cat calls ALL DAY LONG. "Excuse me miss! You dropped something...my heart!" Lame and lazy, they all used the same one!
jo jo you should have hooked it up!! what happens in vegas stays in vegas!!
Post a Comment