I started my new job of instructing students in the ways of Native American Studies today. It was magical. About Saturday I realized that I needed a class roll, but I'm not quite in the system yet to be able to figure out said roll. So this morning I had to figure out how to get that. I couldn't get to it til after my classes, so I had to send around a blank paper and have them sign that.
Anyways, class was fine. I found my classroom and people showed up. I basically handed out a syllabus. I'm sure I changed lives today. And, only one student seemed distressed to find out that I wasn't my dad. I call that a success.
I guess the real test will be Wednesday. Will students show up again? Will class last longer than 30 minutes? Will Lexi stop laughing? Only time will tell.
4 comments:
Sounds like this experience was better than your previous experiences as a substitute teacher! Also, if anyone is really freaked out that dad isn't your teacher, then it is their own fault. Silly college kids can't read a course catalog?
If I ever move to Nebraska, I am definitely taking your class!
no...just like Ruben playing football, you being a professor will never NOT be funny! ha ha ha ha ha :)
but i am impressed that it was only 1 person who was panic-y!
Thanks Lex, you're a peach
Post a Comment