Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Progress

My new goal is to show Ruben my awesomeness. That is what we are calling it. Step one: Play incredibly awesome music when taking him to football practice. (Ruben plays football--tee hee!)

This week, as my parents have been gone, I have had ample opportunity to drive Ruben to practice. Everyday, twice a day. And picking up his friend adds time. Today, Ruben learned how awesome I am at singing along to Madonna. Old school Madonna. When her skin still had some elasticity in it. Also, I'm pretty sure he's never appreciated Chicago or Ace of Base.

Where did I find these awesome songs? I found old CDs adrift in my car. Ace of Base came from the first CD I ever burned. That takes me back.

And when I had to wait forever for him to come out, I threatened him with the Bangles greatest hits. If you've never heard of these singers, for shame. Ruben has.

2 comments:

Lexi Zendejas said...

jordan remember that time when we were driving with Ruben and "walk like an egyptian" came on and you wouldn't stop driving until he said walk like an egyptian! ha ha ha ha we drove for like an extra 20 minutes!

Lexi Zendejas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.