Monday, September 15, 2008

How to Offend Women in 5 Syllables or Less

So, I know we shouldn't be offended about every little thing, but already I want to punch 2 guys from my ward.

From a previous post about my first Sunday there came the guy who, when he found out I was Native American, asked if I had picked up my money yet this week.

Here's another first. I was at my first small group FHE and we played 2 truth's and a lie to introduce ourselves. I said:
1. I dated a Fijian prince. (Lie, I just knew one from Living Legends)
2. I was Miss Indian BYU (got the sash to prove it!)
3. I was a third year law student

Anyways, afterwards this guy comes up to me to talk about law school. He asks, "Wow, isn't it hard to get into law school?"

And what am I supposed to say about that? Yes, but I'm very smart, so not for me? I want to be like Elle Woods when Warner asks her if she was in Harvard Law and she says, "like, its hard?"

Anyway, I'm standing there going, yeah, I'm in law school, I guess its hard to get in--
when he says:

Man, you have to be black or a woman to get in!

I hate you.

Did you seriously just say that to me?

I'm done with you too!

PS. The guy who asked me if I picked up my Indian Money is also in my FHE group. FHE will be super fun, and by fun I mean a constant battle of trying not to kick boys in the balls. I may or may not go often to FHE.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Oh give me a break! You got offended by that??! You yourself admit on a regular basis that if you weren't a female minority there's a good chance you would have gotten rejected. He was probably just feeling down because he's been reverse discriminated against a few too many times lately.

Jordanlz said...

I have never said that, and besides, who actually says that to a woman's face?

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordanlz said...

My GPA was good, my LSAT wasn't the best, but I knew how to flaunt my internship in DC and make it sound way more interesting than it really was. So, yes. This guy is obviously socially challenged, and while that doesn't stop a lot of people from coming to law school, he wasn't even applying to law schools yet, he was just thinking about it.