I woke up early this morning with the fear that since the financial aide office was taking so long in getting me my money, they had decided I didn’t want it and was deleting all my classes…
I can’t go back to bed, so I get ready for the day, which includes getting ready for an interview. I make sure my suit looks nice and I decide not to wear it to school, but to change in the bathroom. I go to class where the professor’s hypo is me starting a firm in Pleasant Grove, and makes Marie my clerk. Only in a hypo would Marie ever be working for me…and in PG. I have to leave early for the interview and I go to the bathroom to change into my suit, when I realize: I left my black shoes at home. And, while my giraffe shoes are cute, they 1) do NOT match my black suit, and 2) are not in any way appropriate for an interview (Contrary to what Legally Blonde might make you think).
The interview is ok. But they ask me where I see myself in 5 years, and I basically say, “I have no idea…working.” Basically.
Well, after the interview is the SBA OPENING SOCIAL! YAY! And being on the SBA and a participant in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies (as was the theme) I ran to change back into my jeans and giraffe shoes and into the moot court room.
So, here is the deal. There is food and games. Each game has a person from each class, and there are judges and each class is then ranked. First game: Rhythmic Gymnastics. Score: Gold 2L, Silver 1L, Bronze 3L. Second Game: Q-tip Javelin throw, and if you hit a 1L in the eye, extra points! Score: Gold 3L, Silver 1L, Bronze 2L. So now the scores are all tied up.
Now is the Synchronized Swimming. Apparently I am doing that event, and I wonder how I am supposed to do it alone…when the 1L team shows up, all three of them! They do a nice, yet Macarena dance routine that does not astound the judges. They get the Bronze, and the 1L class is Bronze overall.
During this time I am trying to figure out who is on my team and if we should at least try to figure out a rough routine to go off of. During this time, the 2L team shows up, obviously they cheated and knew ahead of time what their event was and had practiced a routine. Lame. They do a so-so piece, but then this tiny man (much like the 14 year old Chinese Olympians) does a back-flip off the desk, which earns them high marks.
So, it is up to me, Shaina, and Laura to figure out a routine in 2 seconds that can compete with a back flip, while wearing uggo hair caps. So, Shaina and Laura are figuring out what to do, and I am trying to convince them to dance on the long desk in front of the moot court room. It’s our only chance! Then they tell me that they will synchronize and I should just be the piece of flair in the center.
So, they start out synchronized arm waving, and then I pop up with jazz hands from behind the long desk. Then, I make my move. I stomp on the desk with my fabulous shoes and do my best America’s Next Top Model strut down the desk, turn around, kick my shoes off (I guess no extra points this time for hitting a 1L-- otherwise we would have won!) From the haze I can remember, I begin doing the Running Man, some crazy dance move, I grab my ankle and do that move, then using my only arsenal of abilities to compete with a back flip, I do the splits—In JEANS no less, people! And without having stretched or attempted that in months! Then I get off the desk/stage as gracefully as I can, and then finish up the routine with Shaina and Laura. And with some more Jazz Hands we finish, and go down…and scene!
I thought it was fabulous. But the East German Judge, AKA biased 1L, and Biased UK judge Cliff, don’t give the 10s we need to win. LAME!
The 2Ls get gold, and the Awesome 3L class gets Alicia Sacramone’d on the Vault and gets Silver. Ah well.
In other news, people kept telling me it was a table dance. Don’t be jealous because you don’t have my moves!
And PS, I’m pretty sure that video will one day end up on youtube. Enjoy.
4 comments:
I love how you finagled your way onto the sba.
P.S. I think that nylons are appropriate for interviews. When you get the job...take them off.
I'm sad that I missed this event (and even sadder that it apparently was not recorded)
I agree.... sad sad sad. I wanted to post the video on meredith's blog.
Post a Comment