Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Life Officially Sucks

So, yesterday I wake up to find a note on my car. It said, "Sorry, I hit your car and dented it. Call me."  

For the love of all that is holy....

I checked (in the snow as I was late for classs) for a dent. Didn't see one. Hoped it was a stupid April Fool's joke.  I checked again for a dent when I got to school, again as it snowed.  Still saw nothing.  After an abbreviated class I called the girl who supposedly left me the note.  She said she had a few calls already must be a joke.  I keep the note tucked away in case I find a dent and she is just trying to avoid liability.

Today, was a sad day.  It tore a little piece of my heart.  

I had to get a Utah Driver's License.  
To work for Utah County, you need a Utah license.  I think that is crazy.  Its not like I drive for my job, or that this job will last longer than a year, two at most.  So, I had to part with my Nebraska license.  

I wake up this morning, too early!  I had to do 3 loads of laundry last night. My roommate washed her clothes from the Hare Krishna Festival of Colors chalk throwing extravaganza, and it stained the washer.  And to ensure that no stain leaked onto my clothes, I did a load of towels and bedding. I figured, should I see a stain on a towell, it doesn't matter.  But to do all that took me til 3am.  And then a phone call woke me up at 8.

So, I got ready, went to the Provo Office to get a new license, but they don't do them in that office. So I'm referred to the backwoods Orem area.  I stand in line.  They say to get a new license I need my current License, my social security card, and 2 letters as proof of residency.  

That sucks. Who carries letters? And there aren't any utilities in my name. But then he said it can even be junk mail. And Hallelujah! I have two letters with my name and address on it. Saved! I KNEW large purses with Mary Poppins-like qualities would come in handy one day.  

I fill out a form, I re-stand in line to get a number.  Then I have to take a 25 question test that takes about an hour to do, because I'm looking up every question to find out how many feet I have to park away from a fire hydrant, and what not. Then I take a picture, and gone is my Nebraska license days...

I just have a temporary license right now, so I get to keep my Nebraska's as well. Although they stamp holes in it!  I was so sad to lose my non-Utahn ness I almost wanted to take a picture of my old license for memory's sake.  My pack rat tendencies is another story though. 

And then as I drive to school I am cut off like, 3 times.  And then this huge truck behind me honks at me when I don't immediately drive off when the light turns green. Really truck man? Your truck literally goes 3 miles an hour.  You aren't getting to your destination any time soon so quit honking at me!  I guess I am just being introduced (officially) to Utah drivers.  

1 comment:

Jen Ha said...

It was really me in the truck honking at you. bwahaha!