So, it starts to rain, and I get in my car and start calling boys. I decide against my brother, because he is 30 minutes away and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know how to change a tire anyways. I call my brother-in-law. No one picks up. I think about calling my home teachers, but decide to first call boys I hang out with on a non-required monthly basis. So first up is this boy named Nick. We've been friends for about 2 years, good friends who hang out and go to lunch this entire year. I call him. I tell him that my tire is flat, and he responds something like,
"I've never changed a tire before, and I'm watching basketball. Can't you call AAA?"
Then that is when I remember I have a year warranty on my car for roadside assistance. So I call them. Then they say they can't be there for another 45 minutes. PS this is like, 10 at night, and now it is beginning to snow.
So, now with willing help on the way I am just looking for ways to pass the time. So I start calling people. Finally, after silencing her calls from me, my friend Nancy listens to her message, sees that it is late night and snowing, and rushes to sit with me. Which is great, because I can't sit in my car when the tire is being changed, and it is snowing outside. Hard. I can sit in her car. Not to mention there will be a witness in case the car guy is crazy and tries to kill me.
PS. the guy comes, and he's starting to take my tire off, when he announces he has to pee and that he'll be back. That is when Nancy shows up and she thinks its the most hilarious thing ever. And we take a photo shoot.
Long story short: Flat tire, boy wont help, snowing late night, crazy car man shows up, Nancy and I photograph. FINALLY, around 11:30 I can go home.
The BEST part is a few days later I am talking with a fellow midwesterner. She told me Nick was driving home with her, and then he is flying back to Utah.
WAIT a second...so he'll drive over a thousand miles, approximately 14 hours, to help her out, but he wont get out of his bed to drive 5 minutes to help me out. At least make sure while I was stranded in a parking lot with a flat that no one killed me...thanks.
I ask him about it. Its apparently very different situations. It was the last night of final fantasy basketball. So, order of importance:
1. Jazz
1. Jazz
2. Fantasy Basketball
3. Bed
4. Single Stranded girl in the snow late at night.
2 comments:
lol. First of all why do you call Stacey "Nancy"? that's weird.
Second, I solved your problem right? My mentioning of AAA, got you to call Chevy Roadside. Trust me, that was more helpful than I ever would have been had I showed up in person.
Third. My trip with Sally is specifically scheduled not around Jazz games. You should know not to have flat tires during a big game.
Should have called me. Pretty sure I can:
1. Change A Tire for a Stranded Friend
2. Suck at Fantasy Basketball, so that won't get in the way.
3. Allow you to call me "Stephen" instead of Eric, just as you do "Nancy" with "Stacey"
4. Prioritize a bit better than Nick...
;)
Post a Comment