Friday, May 1, 2009

Adventures with Prison Doctors

So, for my job I needed to visit the prison, several times.  The first few times I would go there to get my bloodwork done, and I would go down and they would say to come back tomorrow. . . Lame. Then I finally got in, and they kept poking me.  Apparently the veins in my arms didn't show up enough for them so they kept poking.  They even tied a rubber band around my arm to pop them up, but to no avail. But my arm did start to feel like it was going toAdd Video fall off.  Then the woman said that the veins in my hand were good. A compliment is a compliment, but it HURT!  Going in and coming out and these past few days where it bruised.  There were 3 vials of blood. She said it wasn't a lot, and I asked, "Comparatively? because it looks like a lot."

Well, that was fun enough, but then she needed to give me an EKG. . . and that's all I'm saying.  I kept thinking of that FRIENDS episode where Joey refers his tailor to Chandler.  The line, "Yes, that's how they do it, in PRISON"

Today I went for a physical, and I started to wonder what would happen this time.  But it was a relatively painless process of listening to my heart, asking medical history.  However, at one point he asked me my height and weight.  I told him my height, and I said, I don't know my weight, I can tell you what my driver's license says..." And then I tell him what it says.

He then looks at me for a few seconds, and adds 3 pounds.

Holy Hannah Batman! What would you have said if I didn't give you a reference point!?

3 comments:

jennyt said...

hahahahah!!! he added 3 pounds??? what kind of doctor is this? he doesnt have a scale in his office?

Marie Davies Howick said...

Ha ha ha ha! Take it as a compliment--- doctor's office scales always add 5 pounds, so, he probably just added 5 pounds automatically in his head, then thought you looked thinner than what you'd originally told him, so he subtracted 2 pounds. Hope that makes sense, it probably doesn't. Ha ha ha wow that is an awesome story.

Jordanlz said...

Nope. No scale. Remember, this is PRISON!