Once again we trek to the jail. We have to sit through a lecture about how you open an asp, blah blah blah. Then we go to the SWAT building to practice. And we do this for 3 hours, while the skin on my knuckles slowly wear away from constantly hitting a cushion. For practice we use our asps to hit, and if anything I hated that the most, because I always felt that the guy practicing would miss and hit me in the knees, Nancy Kerrigan-ing me.
BUT, for the "real life" practice, that was a different story. Well, first off, the instructor asked if we've ever been in a fight. Now, growing up, I'm pretty sure me and my brothers and sisters fought, a lot. And while we engaged in death fights, I mostly remember hitting and running away so that we "won" the fight. Whomever hit last always wins. Which, I'm fine with doing in the court room. He then asked if we ever got hit in the face, because when he came at us in a lobster outfit he wanted us to know what it felt like to get hit in the face. I told him, I was hit in the face with a discus.
Well, we had to stand in a sumo ring and fight the officer in a lobster suit. Which, is stupid. If someone really came at me and I brought out the asp, it would be a REAL asp, NOT a foam stick, and he wouldn't be covered in padding. And if I really had to fight for 2 minutes, I would also get out my pepper spray. But mostly I would wonder, "Where the H#!! is security?!" At one point the guy falls on me and I have to kick him off. I also hit him in the groin with the knee. Seriously, who wouldn't be down after that?
It was super disgusting all around. And now these past 2 mornings Kirstin and I felt like we've been through a car accident. But don't worry, we're not bitter.
1 comment:
Lobster suit, I think I would have found it very difficult to maintain composure!
Post a Comment