Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Office

I started my job on Monday. Its really weird to think that it wont end in a few weeks when school starts back up. This is a for real job. I have dental.

It hasn't been so bad. My judge is out of town all week, so I'm being eased into it. My office is like the red headed step child. The guy who had it before upgraded to a bigger one a floor down and with windows. And since he was moving, he didn't care to move furniture so that the walls could be painted a nice color instead of the prison wall white it currently is. Also, its super cold there, and if I keep the door open-as everyone else does- there is a wind tunnel effect that lifts the ceiling tiles up and makes a whistling sound.

Also, I'm at the end of the hall near the copier machine. So, I was sitting there with my door shut when I hear this chomping noise, like someone is chowing down on chips like there is no tomorrow. So, its super awkward. It happens each day, and then I realize, its the printer.

But really, I've never gotten an office before. So, its nice. But when you have to compare it to nicer offices, it kind of sucks. In any case, so far everyone seems nice and we talk a lot. So, its kind of fun. Also, since my judge is gone I haven't had to bailiff, ergo no uniform!

No comments: