Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Met

On Friday I ventured to The Met. It was an art museum. I thought it would be nice. It was amazing. I just wish I had some of my artsy friends nearby.

Because without their enlightenment, I sometimes saw paintings like this from Picasso, and thought, "Blinkin! Fix your boobs! You look like a bloody Picasso!" -Robin Hood, Men in Tights
Another manifestation of my uncouthness; I don't particularly enjoy Modern Art such as this. I know Polluck is famous and important. I don't get it. But sometimes I feel like followers of modern art just pretend like its good so that when other disagree with them, (No, this is a 3rd grade art project) they can act offended toward the uncultured swine!
However, I did see some lovely Degas, Monets (gorgeous), Manets, and other beautiful paintings. But, epiphany! I also now love Van Gogh. He might be crazy, but he can paint. And its so much better when you see it in person rather than prints in books. Brilliant with the brush strokes. Copies don't do it justice. I'll just have to buy an original. Ebay has everything, right?

I turned a corner and saw this by Van Gogh. It took my breath away. As well as others.
I think this was the day Carlos and I got home at the EXACT SAME TIME. Pretty cool.
PS. This guy is awesome. I almost decided to marry him. Alas, I am not yet a sugar momma. So, I don't quite live up to the standards of this graying, middle-aged man, who apparently is so well off he no longer needs to work during the day--probably at all.

2 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

I'm glad that you went to the Met! As to your comments about the contents of that museum I will say nothing more!

mlzendejas said...

laughed at the picasso reference. I bet that is the exact piece they had in mind when they wrote that line!