This summer I worked, but I also got a good 5 or 6 weeks off of work. The joys of working at a University. So, while I had the time, I went on a few trips.
Trip, the first: Nauvoo, IL

My friend Brielyn had lived here in Omaha, a mere 6 hours away from Nauvoo, and had never gone. She was moving, and has since left us for OT school in Oregon. Boo. Anyway, she mentioned wanting to go, but with schedules, things weren't working out so well. Then, one week I was free, she was free, and so I emailed a few friends and said, we go this weekend or we never go. So, Bri, Me and our friend Suzzanne left for Nauvoo. Well, first we stopped off at our friend Jessica's. She was interning about 1.5 hours away from Nauvoo.
I hadn't been back to Nauvoo in over a decade, so it was nice to return. And it was fun to wander around with friends, despite the fact that it was like walking in water it was so humid. I offered to buy the girls bonnets, but they weren't that committed to being historically accurate. Next time.
Yay for us! For partying like it was 1842!
2 comments:
I hope you are going to post on your succeeding trips. :)
I heart Nauvoo!
Post a Comment