Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekend in New York

Carlos didn't have to work over the weekend, so we hung out! I told him of the few other places I'd like to see, and he took me to some places I didn't know about.
We went to Union Square, and he showed me the apartments he'd like to live in when he becomes a bigillionaire. We also went to see the Macy's in New York, which does some amazing store displays over Christmas. And we went down 5th Ave again, and saw the Empire state building. Maybe one day I should go up it. I mean, that is where Sleepless in Seattle met Meg Ryan!
We also went to the New York Public Library!
I know this is supposed to be a gorgeous building, and it is! And it is also where Audrey went in Breakfast at Tiffany's! Also, it is where they filmed part of The Adjustment Bureau. (Which is an awesome movie!)
We also went to Brooklyn. Carlos liked the neighborhood, and it was a cute neighborhood. It's where the Cosby family was supposed to live! I wanted to walk the Brooklyn Bridge, so we did! I don't know why I love walking bridges, but I do! We were going to eat at Grimaldi's, but we got there at 4, and we're not 65.
We got home all tired and walked out. We ordered in Chinese and watched a movie.

Sunday we went to church, and it is comforting to know that the decorators for the chapels keep it the same, whether you are in Utah, Omaha, or NYC. We were going to take a leisurely ride on the Staten Island Ferry around the Statue of Liberty, but ended up taking a long Sunday nap instead. Brilliant!
Then we spend the evening talking, as we normally did at nights. All I will say is that my brother is a genius and will be a bigillionaire one day. He also is very ambitious. And I already called dibs on looking after his homes.

That was going to be my last night in NY, until the airlines decided to be brats. But, my week with my brother was awesome. NY was cool too.

No comments: