Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Curing Cancer

Every year they have the Rex Lee Run for cancer research.  I run the 5k, because lets face it, I wont run the 10k.  And since daddy started it in the Law School, the running club here buys headbands and tries to get a lot of students to do it.  

I ran it in about 40 minutes, which is slightly faster than last year.  Meredith was making fun of me because she thought I was working out, BUT

I "run" on an eliptical, there isn't hills on the eliptical, it was early in the morning, I went to bed late, I was tired, I was hungry, I was cold.  And then Meredith took a bathroom break and we had to wait for her. And then we saw Sally, and so we had to take a picture with her, and then there was a water station, and I had to get a drink, and you can't run and drink, it would just get all over!  And then after I drank the cup, I couldn't run with water in my stomach or it'd splash around and hurt. So there.  Basically, I'm just not a runner. I'm ok with that.
But it was just Me, Meredith, Ben and Charley running this year.  

Really, I just do it to know I helped to cure cancer. And, for a free headband.

2 comments:

bmz said...

Last year was the best, wasn't it! I'm glad we all got to do that together. I'm sad we missed it this year. As always, lookin good sis!

gurrbonzo said...

"I couldn't run with water in my stomach or it'd splash around and hurt."

Bahahah!

Thanks for curing cancer.