Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

This weekend I

1. Went to the Draper Temple Open House
2. Got flashed at a restaurant 
3. Took the MPRE (frownsmile)
Well, it seems like months ago, if not just weeks ago I told my friend that I would LOVE to go to the Draper Temple Open House.  I've been to the St. Louis, Winter Quarters, and Nauvoo Open Houses and Dedications.  I love temples and they are pretty gorgeous. Unfortunately, recently I had to ask my friend what day we were going. March 6. Yep, the night right before the MPRE, an ethics test for lawyers.  Not the best time to go, but I can't say I was sorry I went.  

However, afterwards my friends and I went to grab some dinner.  We went to Red Rocks or someplace in Salt Lake, and we were seated near the windows.  About halfway through the dinner I look outside, and I'm assuming this guy is drunk.  He is staring at us, or maybe one of the girls at our table, and gesturing. At one point he lifts his shirt up to show us his abs. Interesting.  I really hope he was drunk and not some creepy exhibitionist.

The next morning I took the MPRE.  The first few days of studying I thought, this is pretty common sense stuff.  Then I took a few quizzes. It totally sucked.  They asked a question, and yes, it was unethical, but NO! That isn't the question they are asking? Confused? So was I!  So, to say the least, I wasn't too excited for the test.  I got to school early to make sure I was on time.  I borrowed a few pencils from the reference desk (Not stealing. They are for student use. I was a student. I was using them. I totally returned them, ergo still ethical.)  So, I go take the test. Its pretty awful.  I have to choose between many options of why it was unethical. . . I guess we'll find out in 5 weeks if I passed.  In my heart I know I am ethical.  If I fail, I can retake it in August. The bonus of that is, I'll be graduated, and it'll be a nice experience to see old friends!

1 comment:

sararz said...

haha remember new years at village inn?!