Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, The Horror!

This morning I woke up to go to training for my job as a Bailiff/Law Clerk.  Well, I thought it was training until I saw that it was actually testing. Its the same testing you do to become a cop.  

It had 4 parts. Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and a writing portion.  

Math was the basic adding, multiplying, dividing, subtracting.  You would think it would be super easy, and it was. But then that made me paranoid. What if I got something wrong? How embarrassing would that be?  The entire test was that way. It was so easy that I became so paranoid not to miss anything.  I'm in Law School for goodness sakes, how can I miss a question simply asking me to add things up?

Well, after we had sexual harassment training. I learned a lot. Truly...

AND! The most horrifying thing today was seeing for the first time what our Bailiff uniform would be! 
the pants!


The PANTS!


The TAPERED PANTS!!


oh, and the shoes!

Combat boots!  Expensive combat boots!  I don't even spend that much money on CUTE shoes. 

Luckily there is a wardrobe allowance. 

Don't forget about the shirts, the belts...and our training uniform...they are men's sizes and the smallest size they had were mediums.  And I guess we have to wear spandex underneath our shorts. I guess the men need extra help keeping the mouse in the house.  And MORE shoes, but wrestling shoes.  My poor feet!

oh, and PS.  I also have to get a Utah Driver's License now...how sad is that!

1 comment:

jennyt said...

1. hahaha "mouse in the house!!"
2. i loved the miss congeniality pic. nice photoshop skills haha
3. you never called...