Friday, June 12, 2009

So Close

I had to run around last night to try to work out the kinks in my legs. However, as soon as I sat down for 2 minutes the stiffness came back. This morning we did our PT stuff again. It was 15 diamond push ups, 30 Burpees, and 60 sit ups, followed by an 800 meter run. Three times. Kirsten pointed out how there were no air squats, which I felt were awesome, especially since I couldn't move my legs, however, Burpees are worse. Because you squat down, then jump your feet back, do a push up--after already doing a diamond, then jump your feet back under you and jump up. At least this time I could actually jump my feet back and front instead of crawling like I did in Man Down.

I don't understand how working out you don't feel the previous soreness, and how running makes it better. In any case, its a tiny miracle. I will tell you this, wearing stilettos and walking up and down stairs after a crazy work out does not mix. And it was raining as we were going back and forth to lunch. I tried running. I almost fell over, mostly because I was laughing so hard at how ridiculous I looked.

In other news, Sergeant W is leaving us. I guess he has vacation starting next week, so that was our last workout with him. Its a little sad. I'll miss him. I think I'll even miss the workouts. Because while they are hard and they suck, they work. And you feel a cool sense of accomplishment when you finish, and finish before everyone else. I could do them on my own, but I probably wont--lets face it.

Official countdown: 4 days left of POST. So far, no one has said anything about graduation. I wonder if its because they assume we wont pass...

3 comments:

honorindians said...

If you graduate, do we have to come out again? Can we just send you a card, or a happy face on facebook? Love, dad.

sararz said...

Hahaha he said IF

Jen Ha said...

Hey, so when are you going to post pics of your rocking police bod?