Today we had DT and PT. We learned how to take down people trying to punch and/or roundhouse punch us. It wasn't too bad, except one of the guys in our class is SUPER sweaty. I had to take him down and he was so sweaty I lost hold of his arm. It was gross. And, he's the only guy in the class, who is taller and bigger than me. We are supposed to go 25-30% but I swear he goes all out. So I was swung like a rag doll. At one point he accidentally kicked me in the head as I went down. And then I felt the pain in my shoulder.
Then we did PT. The original workout was 25 push ups, 50 sit ups, 75 air squats, a broad jump to the curb then an 800 meter run, done 4 times. However, it was raining outside and we got soaked, so to make sure we didn't slip he told us that in lieu of the run, we should do 4 sets of stairs. Which, right after 75 air squats is a little extra difficult. PS, the stairs are 4 stories. It wasn't so bad. I'm getting used to the workouts. Not that I don't think I'll be in great pain tomorrow, but they don't surprise me anymore.
Although, another class was in the workout room today cleaning it up around us as we did our workout, and at one point one was asking me a simple question like, "What set are you on?" I answered him, but I was in the middle of air squats and I about lost what number I was on, so I was like, "Don't talk to me, I lose count." Didn't mean to be so abrupt...I just didn't want to start over again!
In other news, after the workout in the locker room we saw a woman from the other class and we asked her to be completely honest. Do the other classes make fun of us. And it just confirmed to us that, yes, we are laughed at. Maybe not all the time, but those amused smiles they give us are hiding laughter.
1 comment:
Just tell the guys laughing at you that one day you might be considering them to be YOUR baillif, and you will remember their smirks.
Post a Comment