Monday, June 1, 2009

Working It

Today started out not good. I couldn't get to sleep, and then, since my internal clock is all off, I woke up at 3 am in fear that I missed my alarm. NOPE! And then I couldn't get back to sleep again. So I showed up to POST super excited for the day. 

Defensive Tactics (DT), was not my finest day.  Usually its fun and I get the moves pretty quickly. Today I was off. We learned how to hit from the hips today and pivot. I could move all right, but the force behind it was the wimpiest thing you've ever seen.  The visiting teacher there was well over 6 feet tall and well built. When he hit the mat, he moved the guy holding it. When I hit the mat he held, I'm pretty sure I moved back. After awhile he just started laughing when it was my turn. So that was fun, if not funny. And then we also learned how to push in case someone tries to get away from you doing a search. He pushed me and I went flying. I pushed him, and he stumbled a bit...occaisionally falling. I need practice. Seriously, who wants to help?

Then we had to go to the lockers to switch shoes and put our cuffs away and I had to hold myself together contemplating the work before me.  In PT I had heard we were supposed to do Airsquats, push ups, sit ups and running in reps of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.  Which, I didn't think we had enough time to finish, nor the strength to do. I was happy to see the other Sergeant there, not the one from Thursday.  He is really helpful and super nice and I love him.  Then I noticed that our workout was modified. We did reps of 25, 4 times. He even cut it down from 8 times so that we could focus on our form and not get worn out and try to rush thru it. I love this Sergeant. He helps, and I think he just knows how to encourage different types of people, and by different, I mean not sit on your golden throne and yell at you. Instead, he does it with you, and basically is my hero. 

Also, he totally laughed and got the reference to "I'm not a policeman, I'm a princess!"  And he laughs in general, a little at me. I have a pain in my left quad that will not go away, so I wince and pseudo swear whenever we do airsquats or lunges.  So, he laughs.  But he also will always give me a stretch to do to try to work the kinks out. 

So, maybe it was the endorphins, but I was loving Sergeant W today. 

And then we spent the entire afternoon looking at uncensored crime scenes of gunshot victims. Whatever, I love Sergeant W!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

sounds like someone has a little crush!

bmz said...

is he single?

jennyt said...

omg, last friday i spent the whole day in heels and then the whole night until about 4am. the next day i totally had a charlie horse - so i totally feel you on the pain!! hahaha jk

Jordanlz said...

I believe he is in his later 30s or early 40s and married with kids.